University of Kelaniya (UoK) has been positioned as one of the leading knowledge hubs in the country in working its way through the vision – “Creation and dissemination of knowledge for sustainable development”. UoK’s presence in the Sri Lankan state education is unique for many reasons including its attributes related to cultural, professional, and multi-disciplinary nature in creating graduates who are capable of facing the dynamic challenges while productively contributing to the nation’s wealth creation. In this endeavor, the sub-systems within the UoK need to be strategically bonded with the stakeholders in creating a unique value proposition and hence, draw a sustainable roadmap in creating a strategic brand identity. The Centre of Excellence for Strategic Brand Identity Development (CESBID) is established to achieve the aforementioned broad objectives and ultimately drive UoK in achieving its vision by embracing its brand identity.
The Centre of Excellence for Strategic Brand Identity Development (CESBID) advises the proposal writing teams on the following aspects.
Brand Identity positioning through identification of the requirements of the strategic stakeholder group.Learn More
Brand Identity Execution plan highlighting how the strategic partnerships are established with relevant stakeholders.Learn More
Brand Identity tracking and project success tracking mechanism with relevant KPIs.Learn More
1. Evaluate the relevant department’s academic programs/ research initiatives/ corporate consultancies related expectations in the minds of its key stakeholders
2. Align project strategies with the department’s and overall UoK’s strategic plan
1. Identify the activity content, expected main outcomes with respect to the sub-categories mentioned (TD/ SI/ IC or OA)
2. Develop the execution plan highlighting the major milestones, and budgetary requirements
1. Identify the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of the identified project milestones
2. Perpetration of half-yearly progress review reports and final project reports and deliverables on-time
3. Develop sustainable work-plan to yield the benefits of the proposed outcomes through attainable goal setting
The Centre of Excellence for Strategic Brand Identity Development (CESBID) undertakes the following tasks.
1. Facilitate internal stakeholders to build sustainable strategic relationships with key external stakeholders
2. Create a community to be ambassadors of UoK’s strategic brand identity and share best practices within the internal and external stakeholders
1. Provide consultation on the development of project proposals for strategic value creation targeting the intended stakeholders
2. Review the proposals submitted and deployment of the relevant funds (LKR 500,000 per annum per department for an approved project proposal)
3. Monitoring progress of the projects and maintaining the e-repository of the project portfolios
1. Facilitate external funding through national and corporate agencies
2. Build strategic relationships to strengthen the bonds among the university, government, and corporate triangle
3. Promote and facilitate internal stakeholders to implement financially sustainable projects to generate additional funding opportunities
A representative from each faculty is appointed to serve the proposal evaluation committee to assist the director in screening the initial proposals and awarding the requested grants. Students who are interested on working hand-in-hand with CESBID are encouraged to sign-up for relevant projects and project tasks as volunteers.
Director - Staff Development Centre
Faculty of Commerce and Management Studies
Faculty of Computing and Technology
Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Sciences