University of Kelaniya (UoK) has been positioned as one of the leading knowledge hubs in the country in working its way through the vision – “Creation and dissemination of knowledge for sustainable development”. UoK’s presence in the Sri Lankan state education is unique for many reasons including its attributes related to cultural, professional, and multi-disciplinary nature in creating graduates who are capable of facing the dynamic challenges while productively contributing to the nation’s wealth creation. In this endeavor, the sub-systems within the UoK need to be strategically bonded with the stakeholders in creating a unique value proposition and hence, draw a sustainable roadmap in creating a strategic brand identity. The Centre of Excellence for Strategic Brand Identity Development (CESBID) is established to achieve the aforementioned broad objectives and ultimately drive UoK in achieving its vision by embracing its brand identity.
The Centre of Excellence for Strategic Brand Identity Development (CESBID) advises the proposal writing teams on the following aspects.
Brand Identity positioning through identification of the requirements of the strategic stakeholder group.Learn More
Brand Identity Execution plan highlighting how the strategic partnerships are established with relevant stakeholders.Learn More
Brand Identity tracking and project success tracking mechanism with relevant KPIs.Learn More
1. Evaluate the relevant department’s academic programs/ research initiatives/ corporate consultancies related expectations in the minds of its key stakeholders
2. Align project strategies with the department’s and overall UoK’s strategic plan
1. Identify the activity content, expected main outcomes with respect to the sub-categories mentioned (TD/ SI/ IC or OA)
2. Develop the execution plan highlighting the major milestones, and budgetary requirements
1. Identify the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of the identified project milestones
2. Perpetration of half-yearly progress review reports and final project reports and deliverables on-time
3. Develop sustainable work-plan to yield the benefits of the proposed outcomes through attainable goal setting
The Centre of Excellence for Strategic Brand Identity Development (CESBID) undertakes the following tasks.
1. Facilitate internal stakeholders to build sustainable strategic relationships with key external stakeholders
2. Create a community to be ambassadors of UoK’s strategic brand identity and share best practices within the internal and external stakeholders
1. Provide consultation on the development of project proposals for strategic value creation targeting the intended stakeholders
2. Review the proposals submitted and deployment of the relevant funds (LKR 500,000 per annum per department for an approved project proposal)
3. Monitoring progress of the projects and maintaining the e-repository of the project portfolios
1. Facilitate external funding through national and corporate agencies
2. Build strategic relationships to strengthen the bonds among the university, government, and corporate triangle
3. Promote and facilitate internal stakeholders to implement financially sustainable projects to generate additional funding opportunities
A representative from each faculty is appointed to serve the proposal evaluation committee to assist the director in screening the initial proposals and awarding the requested grants. Students who are interested on working hand-in-hand with CESBID are encouraged to sign-up for relevant projects and project tasks as volunteers.
Director - Staff Development Centre
Faculty of Commerce and Management Studies
Faculty of Computing and Technology
Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Sciences
Department of Chemistry in the process of introducing new undergraduate degree program and two master of science degree programs. In order to ensure that the teaching programs and the curriculum meet the challenging needs of the industry, observations from industry should be involved to vet changes in curriculum as well as new academic programs. Proposal is organizing several workshop between Academic staff members of Department of chemistry and it main shareholders; Industries and Students.
The concepts of Smart Computing and Systems Engineering are still in the early stages of development. However, the interdisciplinary applications of the concepts are growing rapidly, and are attracting the attention of academics and researchers involved with a range of domains including information technology and industrial engineering.
The Physical Education Teachers’ Training Programme (PETT) – 2017 organized by the Department of Sports Science & Physical Education in cooperation with sport and Recreation Management Students’ Association of the faculty of Social Sciences was successfully held on 14th & 15th of November 2017 at the Auditorium of the faculty of Social Sciences. 25 school teachers were participated for the workshop on above two days and they are specify in teaching Sports and Physical Education in schools.
To establish a positive perception towards the Department of Pathology among the undergraduates, postgraduates, school children, school teachers, other university students and general public by improving the standard of pathology museum.
The Department of Human Resource Management, Faculty of Commerce and Management Studies, University of Kelaniya organizes the second “HRM Professional Fiesta’’–Management Internship Branding and Certificate Awarding Ceremony -2018 for final year students.
Department of Accountancy (DoA) annually organizes the Internship in Department of Accountancy (IDeA) Night, the Annual Internship Awarding and Partner Felicitation Ceremony. The event provides a great opportunity for interns to network with professionals, and allows interns to showcase their areas of expertise.
State-of the-art IoT series of workshops with schools children and launch of our very own undergraduates with Invention convention.
Unfolding for the 8th consecutive year, Signature Stylish Marketer 2017, the one and only Inter-University evolutionary fashion extravaganza.
Series of workshops among the national schools teachers to train them to teach Hindi as a language.