Establishing Technology and Innovation Support Centers (TISC) in Sri Lanka is a joint project of World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and National Intellectual Property Office (NIPO) of Sri Lanka. TISC program in the university is designed to give university staff easy access to locally based, high quality technology information and related services.
- Promote creativity among university academics and undergraduates
- Stimulate innovation within the university community and contribute to the economic growth of the country by facilitating access to technological information and assisting effective exploitation of the technological information.
- Increase awareness of all aspects of intellectual property rights among university community
- Provide necessary assistance to researchers to find technological information in order to develop innovative ideas by providing online access to patent and non-patent information through intended TISC network to be established in Sri Lanka
- Optimize the environment and incentives for the creation of new knowledge
- Increase the number of patent applications by the university staff and students
- Mobilize university graduates with innovation potential for entrepreneurial careers, enhancing their entrepreneurial skills, and providing support for business start-up
Dr. M. P. Deeyamulla
Technology and Innovation Support Center (TISC)
University of Kelaniya
Tel: (+94) 112 903269